Friday, September 18, 2009

whew!!

"It was the best of times. It was the worst of times."
Charles Dickens penned that in "A Tale of Two Cities."
It was the blessed of times. It was the discombolatingest of times.
I quipped that and used a word that probably doesn't exist.
But I've been accused of using words that don't exist but 99.999999 percent of the time the words are in the dictionary.
Once a gentleman (and I use that word politely) sent me a copy of one of my sports articles which he had yellow marked 32 times and said I should read the book "KISS -- the Elements of Style." Keep it simple stupid.
I wrote a rejoinder column and said that my mother used to cut out my columns and pin them up around her bed, so when I returned home for Christmas they would be there adorning her room.
So, I politely wrote I would adhere to the KISS style, Keep It Scintillating Sir!!
I lost my identity last night.
But all of my cards were found in the library computer lab where I'd left them.
Like I told the nice lady at the checkout counter, if you're going to lose something lose it in the library where it will be safe.
All's well that ends well. I don't know who said that but it's how I feel today.
Thanks for reading and responding.
I hope to see the crackerjack charismatic Christians Mike and Rick Sunday at the Green Room meeting. And hopefully Kent will print my article following the meeting. He told me to just write when I attended an important event.

1 comment: