Monday, September 21, 2009

partnership

A unity of purpose and partnership imbued the gathering of the Cobblestone Project Sunday night in the monthly Green Room meeting.
When Mike Rusch queried me about what needed be done I responded that his group could bridge the gap imposed when homeless people lost their links of belonging to a community.
I implored the interested participants and volunteers to initiate a clothing drive to aid in battling the upcoming bout with inclement weather elements.
Mike jumped on that theme and a brainstorming session ensued.
Rick Healy will be enumerating a list of needed items to donate to the less fortunate.
Mike has asked for volunteers to organize their individual assignments. Some will ask for specific donations and then he will devise a central hub for storage of the clothes and other essential weather-related protective items.
Several agencies which have caseworkers can provide a focus on who really needs these winter panaceas.
All in all, everyone working together as a team of dedicated co-workers can reestablish the self-esteem some of us have lost during our trials and tribulations.
I had to scurry away from my campsite this morning at 1 a.m. due to the persistent gnawing of holes in my tent from that pesky pest Pepe LePew, so I forgot my notebook in my tent.
I'm almost afraid to see what damage Pepe may have incurred on my belongings.
I've exhausted Plans A-Z and now must revert to Plan Alpha just like the meteorologists incurred during the most horrendous hurricane season on record, a la Katrina and Rita. Before the tropical storm season a team of meteorologists pre-selects names through the English alphabet. That year they had to start on the Greek alphabet. Here's hoping I don't end up at omega.
I'm not a harmful hating anti-varmint I want to kill you kind of guy. I've never fired a gun and don't plan on doing so just because of a voracious skunk.
But it's tempting.

No comments:

Post a Comment