Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Faux pas

Oops! My slip was showing yesterday!
Gadzooks!
While praising Mike Rusch and Rick Boosey for their awesome food distribution project I committed an infamous faux pas.
Mike and his altruistic band of helpful Christians started an organization entitled the Cobblestone Project. I errantly mislabeled them the Cornerstone Project. My bad!
I'm currently writing about their endeavors and hope to have it published in the very near future. That all rests with Kent Marts, editor extraordinaire of the Benton County Daily Record.
I also probably need to break this down into paragraphs.
The last two nights my campmate Dewayne had the misfortune of being "hazed" by Pepe LePew, our skunkmate who enjoys partying at our expense.
Mike and Rick loaded us up with soup and homemade potato chips. I pulled a fast one on Dewayne and put a bag of those scrumptious Boosey chips in his tent.
Alas, Pepe smelled those delicacies and kept pawing at Dewayne's tent all night long. Once he even jumped on Dewayne's arm.
So Dewayne sought another tent and went to CEO for a voucher.
But he forgot and left a bag of Ramen noodles in his tent which tickled Pepe LePew who crunched and munched on them last night.
What's the next chapter in the saga of the voracious skunk?
At least he hasn't sprayed us with his love juice yet. Or maybe I should rephrase that and call it his I hate to be annoyed juice. So, leave this skunk alone!

2 comments:

  1. David, thanks for such kind words (no worries on name :-) ). Was great to sit and chat with you on Sunday...treat for me. Hope to see you Sunday and I appreciate you continuing to share.

    ReplyDelete
  2. David - hope to get a chance to know your story as we move from pilot to regular weekly - thanks for spending time with us Sunday - rick

    ReplyDelete